For information on current Topsail Island Beach Nourishment Projects, please click the following link: https://vacationsontopsail.com/beach-projects
Nestled in the charming Village of Stump Sound, "Southern Wynd" is a wonderful vacation rental for families and friends. The Village itself features an oceanfront clubhouse, pool and deck, as well as a sound-side tennis court and kayak/paddle board launch. "Southern Wynd" is located at 108 S Permuda Wynd; near milepost 11, turn into the ocean-side Village entrance, then turn right onto S. Permuda Wynd and it’s the 5th house on the right. There are numerous beach accesses throughout the community, but the closest one for "Southern Wynd" is directly across the street
As you enter "Southern Wynd", you will notice the foyer connects 3 of the 4 bedrooms. "Southern Wynd" will support a total of 10 sleeping guests on this and the main floor. Walking down the hall to the right, you’ll find the first of 2 master bedrooms. This room has a king-sized bed, dresser, two nightstands, closet with hamper, TV/cable, private bathroom with shower and access to the sound-side deck, for those lazy coffee-sipping mornings. Next door to this King room is the 2nd bedroom with a queen bed, dresser, nightstand, closet and TV/cable and access to the deck where there is a shared patio table and chairs. This Queen room is joined with the Twin room by a full bathroom with a shower/tub. The Twin Room has a twin bed and trundle, closet with hamper, dresser and a TV with a built-in DVD player. Bring your favorite DVDs in case there’s a short rain shower on a Summer afternoon.
Exiting the Twin room into the foyer, you’ll turn left to walk up to the main level. n the right of the main floor is the fully-equipped kitchen including a Keurig, dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge, a large toaster oven and a bar area that seats 5. The dining alcove, which comfortably seats 6, overlooks the beautiful sound…..there is plenty of seating for your entire party. Walking out onto the deck you’ll find a picnic table and solar-lit umbrella for those fun outdoor meals where you’ll also be able to enjoy the natural beauty of the area and the impressive sunsets.
Across from the kitchen and dining area, is a family room with a sofa, a pull-out queen sleeper sofa, tables, TV/cable, games and more. A half-bath and a laundry with washer/dryer are also on this floor. urning back toward the front of the home, you’ll find the 2nd master suite. The master bathroom includes a shower, a jetted tub and large walk-in closet with hamper. The bedroom has a queen size bed, dresser, TV/cable, and access to a private deck with chairs so that you can enjoy the sunrise over the ocean.
- This property is Dog Friendly! A non-refundable $175+tax per pet fee will apply. Limit of 2 dogs per reservation. ** Sorry, No Cats Allowed
- No Smoking is allowed inside this property.
- The carport and gravel lot in front of the home offers parking for up to six cars.
- Please Note: The pool does not open for the Summer season until Memorial Day Weekend and will be open through Labor day. Entry codes will be provided for pool and clubhouse bathroom access.
- Linens are not provided but can be rented along with your reservation. Please ask for pricing information. Pillows and blankets will be provided to support up to 10 people.
- This property has a 3 night stay minimum requirement for all reservations during our Castaway and Low Maritime seasons. A 7 night Saturday to Saturday stay will be required during our High Maritime, Bungalow and Buccaneer seasons. Please see rate section for season dates.
- No pesky Security Deposits! An Accidental Damage Program is included with all reservations.
- This property offers Keyless Access Entry for speedy check in. An entry code will be provided prior to arrival. Keyless Codes activate at the 3 pm Check In time.